Nuffnang

Tuesday, January 18, 2011

WHILE I WAS BLOG HOPPIN'



I stumbled onto this blog of Gabriel H. Mercado (from Cecile van Straten's tweet) and was appalled from what I've read. I'm relatively new in blogosphere and it's just embarrasing that some people (or entity) would have such a nerve to treat a blogger like that - especially this guy who, I think from reading his site, has been influential and credible in what he does. Anyway, this reminds me of a job interview wherein I was asked a hypothetical question by the panel: "What if the client requested you to ask a blogger to take down a post, can you do that? How will you answer it?" Well, a blog is a personal property and I don't think it would be respectful to anyone to be asked to take down or even edit a post just to please an advertiser. A common norm (redundant!) dictates most Filipinos not to say something bad about someone (or something) face-to-face, but things are changing and so does the behavior of the consumers. I personally think (as an account planner in advertising) that if brands want to improve their product, they should be open with criticisms. I think most brands know that, they are not stupid. But I'm surprised to hear that there maybe some which maybe sensitive to get negative comments or reviews. And if you air such negativity as a blogger, you might as well be charged! Goodness gracious! In sales, we believe that every NO is a YES, thus everywhere else, every negative comment is reasonable and a perfect room for improvement. Personally, I think these guys are just crazy.


Pink blouse- bargain find
Black skirt- thrifted
Gladiator shoes - gifted
Earrings-my sister's

As for my outfit post, I had this on during the day. I had a very busy one. Been out on a client call in the morning, came back to office to send dozens of emails, dialed thousands of numbers I can't remember, and ended up beating a deadline for an ad placement. The day slipped just like that and I don't even remember me taking a break. At home, while taking a shower, I was wondering how can I ever have the time to read more novels and write a couple more of blogs. I have this one most active but I've been meaning to put my food blog into action too. I also have one idea in mind that I meant to execute but only if time permits me. I just wish I have time so I won't have to be in hurry. That's it for now. Yay! Such a long post.

This is my fashion. This is my statement.

Love,

BellaDonna

2 comments:

  1. ayy the contract seems too restricted naman! i mean, a blogger should have the freedom to write whatever he/she wants even if it's a sponsored one. Anyway, I just stumbled here from Honey's blog ;D

    ReplyDelete
  2. yes hazel, too restricted and too crazy! thanks for reading!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...