Nuffnang

Friday, January 28, 2011

WHERE'S THE HORSE RACE?

It's one same question asked by my colleagues. I arrived at the office wearing my sister's sandals. I didn't want to break them because they felt a bit smaller than my feet. There's my boots of 9 years sitting beside me after I lend them to a friend for her photoshoot and I thought, "Well... I'm giving them another try. Anyway, I only used them only for parties and didn't really hold much in my previous corporate ventures as they always get those stares."

Not only I was asked where's the horse race but I even got teased the whole day like "You look like Nora Aunor in one of her movies." Christ! Nora Aunor. Greetings like "Hey, Cowgirl. I think you forgot your hat!" Oh, I realized that! "You're like Mikee Cojuangco, the equestrian." Oh, thank you! I wish I was that rich too. Hahaha. "Your sevice vehicle is waiting for you - a horse! Haha, I wished they also remembered Vice Ganda as they teased me but they didn't. Anyways, I got their attention and it was just all laughs.

In advertising, not only it is a matter of corporate rat race but also of a horse race. Those who advance are those who stand out, look good (eccentric?), and not afraid to try things out of the ordinary. So I guess wearing this kind of boots is still out of the ordinary even if a shoe shop like Mendrez already toned the design down for Philippine setting. But I can accept this better than wearing uggs! I was at the mall last week and I don't know what it was that day but I've seen about three people wearing uggs! in the mall! in the Philippines!


Beige blazer - Space
Brown inner blouse - Bargain find
Faded jeans - Crissa
The boots - Unlisted (Mendrez)

Today that I got teased and I laughed with them. Makes my heart healthy. Because I know, they will never forget the day I wore these boots.

This is my fashion. This is my statement.

Love,

Bella Donna

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...