Nuffnang

Sunday, November 28, 2010

WINDOW SHOPPING AT THE BAZAAR

This post may have been a bit overdue since the bazaar took place last week but I thought you might also want to check out some things that I found interesting. The bazaar's theme has something to do with saving the environment by recycling things to new ones and one of the highlights is to use brown bag on each purchases. Some items came out as creative and beautiful. Not only that, they answer our problems in preserving the ecosystem.

First up: Envirosax.


My Envirosax containing my laundry.

We've seen it all during the typhoon Ondoy. When the flood subsided, all that remained are plastic bags. Thousands and thousands of them. That's why ecobags came along. Interestingly, some people who care about the environment deeply have came up with a way to re-use and recycle. And they started with shopping bags. Ecobags nowadays are not only becoming a fad for shopping but also as a fashion statement. As for me I use this Envirosax to contain all my laundry to bring them back home to Cavite. Before, I use paperbags or plastic bags that came from duty free shops because they are more convenient for me. This envirosax is so spacious and can be worn also during outdoors or any activity you have.


This Envirosax is used by Denise as her kikay bag.

Another good find: Green Minded Missy.
How interesting. Me and Denise were thinking what other things we can "DIY" aside from the brooch patches that we made. I was inspired by one blog called Bored and Crafty. One of her tutorials was to make an old denim pants to a fabulous skirt. I gave it a try. And I was successful. (Yey!) To add it up, I tried to make another product by using the remaining textile to make a bag. But the job was just as tedious. And how amazed I was when I saw the stall of Green Minded Missy with all these crafted pouches, clutches, purses and bags made of old pants! And they are all affordable. I was tempted to buy one piece with all the studs but I reminded myself: "Oppss! you haven't made a sale yet." So there I go to my next stop: Bambike
This hunk was on his bike when he arrived that I did not recognize at first sight that his was made of bamboo (maybe because I was star-strucked by him? hehehe). Come to think of it. I thought bamboo were only for furnitures and to build a house. But a bike? I've been thinking lately to get one for myself as a transport going to the office or simply a way to shed off some weight. Nice, eh?

Now, the day would not be complete without finding a good make up (since the bazaar is also basically about and for women). Last year, I received mineral-based make ups from a friend of mine and I am still using them. I checked out with Rustan's if there is that brand here so I can buy a refill for the loose foundation, but unfortunately, they don't carry the brand that I have. Some cosmetic companies have come up with mineral-based make up since last year (or maybe a while back) because of the issue of the lead content in cosmetics. But I have yet to find (or wait for another supply of i.d. minerals) a brand that's about the same that my friend gave me (Thanks, Claire!) Now these brands that were present at the bazaar-educating young women on how to put on make up, giving out tips, etc- are not only making us beautiful but cares for us as well. They're lead free, hypoallergenic and helps us combat skin problems like blemishes, acne scars, etc. Bare Beauty Minerals offers you to buy samples so you can try out their product and find the shades that perfectly match your complexion. This way, you can also find if their products are good on you, or if you will experience after-effects. At least, you don't have to waste a lot of make ups (or money) in case you won't like them.


Mary Kay Philippines is another direct selling company that offers lead-free cosmetics. My friend, Choi, works there and he was giving out free facial and hand spa on that day. He gave me a makeover and let me try out the oil mattifier. It was really effective. A bit pricey but it is a quality buy.




Oh well, the window shopping kind'a made me hungry. Everywhere you go, you're going to end up eating. And it's nothing you should ever have a second thought about. Pasta Box gave a 10% discount to all the concessionaires. I ordered a mushroom carbonara in a box and it was good. I earlier learned that the owner is a French guy married to a Filipina. Well, I'd say they're really making a good food out there but I'll be a little biased for my Italian friends and would still go out for authentic Italian pasta! :)


There you go. If you happened to be in Makati on a Friday or Saturday night, you might also wanna check other shops there at The Collective. That night, I also saw some art enthusiasts and if I am not mistaken, an LP shop (Tots, you're gonna love it) where you can find some vintage records.

I realized this is a long post but I hope I covered everything up. And I hope you enjoyed it too :)

Wear your fashion, make it your statement!

Love,

BellaDonna

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...