Nuffnang

Wednesday, November 17, 2010

FIRST DIY PROJECT: A PAIR OF DENIM PANTS (As Inspired by Meream of Bored and Crafty)


Ol' pair of denim pants from the closet.
I stumbled onto a blog called "Bored and Crafty" thru my friend, Ariane of Simone's Closet. And from there, I found inspiration to give sewing another try. While I was reading her tutorials, memories came flooding thru my head back in elementary and highschool.


My mom, showing me how to put a bias over the hem.

In elementary, I used to have afternoon class for Home Economics subject and do some homey crafts and stuffs that are meant for girls while the boys are doing the more complicated ones with metal rods, screws and philipps and all. Back then, I was learning basic stitches that culminates with an apron designed with drawings out of the stitches we've made. In highschool, we've made a few pieces of cloths - from shorts, to polo, to dresses and skirts. God, I hate that class because I could not get the right measurement at the time and most especially, when I try to sew the thing, it's either too small, too tight or too loosen up for the original fit. But then, I managed to pass the subject, otherwise I have to do it over again in the summer and that is something that will drive my parents really mad. So, I've got to survive.


Hand-sewn skirt from the old jeans. Ready to get a good sewing from the machine.

And since I read Meream of "Bored and Crafty", I was thinking to take out some of the old clothes, pants and skirts at home and try re-doing them. First off: A denim pants. I've been finding things to contribute for our upcoming bazaar and we thought of something to re-do and sell them as brand new item. What I've thought as a simple DIY project turned out to be a great challenge for me. Took me the whole day to do two new pieces out of a pair of denim pants. Here are the brand new items from an old one:

Finished products:



So there, I hope you'll find some inspiration. You may also look up for Meream of Bored and Crafty. She's really, really, really good with this DIYs.

Meantime, I'd like to invite you on our upcoming bazaar on Saturday, Nov. 20 at The Collective-Malugay, Makati. Please share the info with your friends. We'll be there from 10am-10pm. There must be loads of fun for all the ladies (and gentlemen).

Wear your fashion. Make it your statement.

Love,

BellaDonna

2 comments:

  1. Great job! Was it hard sewing denim on the machine?

    ReplyDelete
  2. hi meream! sobrang mahirap. actually, the hardest part was: magtastas. took me the whole day to come up with the finish product. sa machine, medyo takot ako kasi it's my mom's and since makapal ang textile, i'm afraid the needles will be broken. plus, the fact that my mom's sewing machine is a decade old! LOL. thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...