Nuffnang

Monday, May 2, 2011

THE SWEETEST THINGS

This morning, I've heard one of the sweetest things anyone can hear. After a long wait for transportation, after an early call, after a long line of traffic, and after a crazy manic Monday morning, I've heard the sweetest thing. I was on my ride to the office when this guy beside me made a call. I didn't mean to be nosy and I promise, it was unintentional eavesdropping! He was calling his "Tita" to be at the venue at 5pm today. Then, he asked for another guy and said, "punta ka mamaya ha. Magpo-propose ako sa Ate mo. Okay lang ba?" (Please come over later. I'm proposing to your sister. Is that ok?) Then probably, he was asked by the guy on the other line if he was sure that he answered, "Sure na sure. Sobra-sobra. More than 100% sure. 150% pa." And then, "hindi nya alam na pupunta ako dun. Ang alam nya, may meeting ako mamaya. May reservation ako for 15 persons. Pupunta sila mamaya ng officemates nya ng 4:15 sa restaurant ng hotel." (She doesn't know I'm coming. She knows I will be in a meeting later. I have reservation for 15 persons. She and her officemates will come over at 4:15 at the hotel restaurant.

While hearing all of these, all the agony of a crazy, manic Monday suddenly disappeared and replaced by a secret smile. I looked away to the window and I was blinking my eyes so rapidly that if I didn't, tears will roll down on my cheeks. I don't know if I was being mushy or cheesy but it was the most heartwarming, heart-melting, nerve cracking thing I heard. Then I realized, how can a girl say no to a guy who exerted all these efforts and hassles, breaking out from his daily routine on a manic Monday morning just to ask her to marry him? I wanted to tell him, she will definitely say YES!

I'm still teary as I recall it upon writing this entry. I could only imagine that somewhere in South Metro, there is one happy guy who asked his girl to marry him and a lucky girl who has a this one guy, 150% sure that he wants to spend the rest of his life with her. And made me believe again that somewhere, somehow there is someone meant for everyone of us. Thus, this song playing in my head:



More love to life,

Bella Donna

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...