Nuffnang

Monday, May 9, 2011

MANILA GIRL IS LEAVING MANILA: DAY 7 | THE START OF COUNTDOWN

I was born a Manilenya. I spent my college years in Manila, had my first job in Manila, met my great love in Manila. Been living in Manila for the last eleven (11) years. I live, breathe, eat and sleep Manila. It's in my blood. But recent life events has pushed me to leave where I live now. And Manila was still my home of choice until my sister asked me to find a place near Makati CBD so it will also be accessible to her place of work (I've been living with my siblings since last year) and I did. Not until last Friday, she told me she's being provided a staffhouse in Batasan, Quezon City as she moves with her new job. I cannot back out and we're not extending the rent in Manila because my sister is also leaving soon. So that leaves me to moving on to the new place on my own: MAKATI.


But before that, I have been feeling sentimental these days especially now that I realized, I'll be leaving Manila for a while. I didn't know what came to me but, memories run through my mind and I've been thinking of the places that made me fall in love with this place called Manila.  Manila is where the most romantic sunset can be seen. Too bad I've been putting that off for sometime now and just always do some mental note to take time to see the sunset again.  Anyway, I decided to do a countdown before I move out and list the places that I love the most in Manila. First up: ROBINSON'S PLACE.


Pedro Gil in Malate will always be traffic even late in the evening. That's because Robinson's Place attracts a lot of people including me. I have been living around the area and for the last ten (10) years (not until last year when I moved with my siblings in Paco), and I only make a short walk to reach this mall.  It's very convenient. If I'm hungry and too lazy to cook, if I need to do a quick visit to grocery, check on new shoes, meet some friends or even find some inspiration in the middle of its busy crowd, Robinsons is just a few minutes away. It's always been like a friend that I can run into and has always cheered me up whenever, whatever. I have yet to check the nearest mall at my new-found place but Robinsons mall experience will never be the same.

More love to life,


Bella Donna

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...