Nuffnang

Sunday, May 15, 2011

MANILA GIRL IS LEAVING MANILA: DAY 2 | IN SEARCH FOR WINDOW CURTAINS

I love the windows at my new place. It brings a lot of natural light and keeps the place cool inspite of hot summer days. Staying here on a weekend to clean and to take out all my stuffs from the bags kept me the whole day with just open windows and without the aid of electric fan. Pretty economic, eh?


But at night time, it leaves me uneasy as the view from outside-in is so clear that I have to improvise some sort of curtain to keep me away from the neighbors' eyes when dozing off. I'm now in search of window curtains for the first time!


And since the most accessible market is in Guadalupe, I tried to get familiar with the place by purchasing a few cleaning tools and materials there, hoping also to find some decent pieces of curtains to put on my generous windows. I'm surprised that in this part of Makati, there's really no stand-alone supermarkets that you can see as there are in Manila. I have to go down the basement of the market and inside the bazaar area to check on the things that I've listed so early on a Saturday morning. You know what I realized after this short trip to Guadalupe market? I tend to compare it with San Andres and Paco markets. Gosh, it's been only a couple of days and I'm not officially leaving Manila until Monday but I've been comparing and comparing - from prices to products to people. Like when I wanted to buy something, you won't find anything when you get out on J.P. Rizal. When in Manila, as soon as you open your door, you'll find hundreds of things that you don't really need to buy but are just right there. Here, it's nothing but empty streets filled with automobile traffic.

I'd like to share with you this view from my window. It's not as breathtaking as the view from the buildings in Adriatico, Malate. But I appreciate this because it's very convenient when you want to look out far and imagine a few things.



And oh, I've mentioned on my previous post about the vendor in Paco market who sells nothing but leaves, right? Here she is:


I've also seen one particular vendor in Guadalupe market like her who only sells leaves, but leaves! and there's just too many! Too bad I wasn't able to bring the digicam but I will take a photo when I go back to that market. It's pretty interesting :)

More love to life,


Bella Donna

2 comments:

  1. my mom has this thing for curtains! :) and she usually but it from our suki (ukay2) they're just fabulous :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. too excited to decorate your new home! enjoy!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...