Nuffnang

Friday, February 11, 2011

WHY DO I ALWAYS WEAR A DRESS?

Last November, me and Denise of Simone's Closet had a one-day bazaar in Makati. We bought a bulk of dresses from a supplier in Mandaluyong to add up with the stocks we have. And since it was my first time in about eight years to do a bazaar, I don't quite have the basics anymore of what bazaar-goers would like to see in a trade such as ours.


Beige dress - Mandaluyong supplier
Black bolero -
Mint

I bought more than a dozen of dresses, most of them my type, in addition to the items consigned to me by my good friend. But during the bazaar (and for the whole time I was trying to sell out all my items), I realized that not too many girls I know of would want a dress or a sleeveless blouse as a new addition in their closet. Most of them would say, "Oh, I don't have nice legs." Others would say, "My arms are just too big like my legs to wear sleeveless."



During my younger years, I don't think I ever had such a thought in my mind why I should not wear those. Maybe because as I've said, my Nanay and my Tatay would always dress me up and most of the time, in those outfits. Even during my college years (we didn't have school uniform), my batchmates and my girlfriends could attest that I would surely have a skirt, a sleeveless or a dress on me almost everyday.



It's because I found them to be more comfortable especially during the days when the sun is so high. And on rainy days, dresses and skirts are just so convenient to brave knee-high flood especially in the city. I wouldn't have to worry to hang them up for long hours on wet season as they can dry up in hours with the help of my reliable electric fan or when I put them at the back of refrigerator.



And up until now,I still love to wear dresses, sleeveless (not too much lately as I became so full-figured), and skirts. In fact, I only have a few pair of pants or jeans or sleeved tops. Sometimes, I want to ditch my old tops but I'm just too sentimental to do so. I just hope I could encourage the girls I know, who doesn't want to wear the outfit, to indulge in dresses and skirts. Perhaps, I could do something like a party with all the girls in fabulous dresses? Hehehe. Just thinking...

This is my fashion. This is my statement.


Love,


BellaDonna

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...