Nuffnang

Thursday, December 2, 2010

WINNING OUTFIT



I believe in power dressing. And I'm sure many of you will agree. Most especially in growing your career. When you want something badly like promotion or a new post, you dress up for it, like you already are. And you internalize. You practice everyday as if it's already there. And everyday, it starts with the outfit-the way you dress up. I've read that somewhere and I have heard successful sales people saying that sort of thing. It's like setting your mind for future success. It's claiming the goal you've been working for. And before you know it, it's already in your hands.

Yesterday, that's exactly what I did. Power dressed for an important meeting. I wanted to make the best impression I could give, and advance to the next level. And I even got much more than that. Perhaps, with a little luck and blessing, I must have done something good to deserve it. Even if there are no promises, no guarantees. NOT YET. But I have advanced in stride yesterday. You know what they say about dressing up what you feel. Yesterday, I felt like I'm ready for a great challenge I got in my entire career and I'm looking forward to it somehow. We'll see.



Oh, I haven't told you about this outfit post. This tube dress is what I wore during my very first achievement award when I was a rookie Financial Executive at AXA. I was just starting then to be a sales person. It was an early achievement and it came in variations every year for the entire time I stayed with the company. That's why I love this dress. It's been seven (7) years since I bought this with my friend and kumare, Susana. She actually picked this dress for me and got me to convincing I should wear something like this. Paired with the sky blue stiletto with light green ribbon accent. And the winning outfit was complete!

You might be wondering how I sported the outfit on awards night seven (7) years ago. Here's a peek:


I know, I know, I look much slimmer back then. Haha, I guess I really have to shed down some fats a little bit (Maybe after Christmas season!).

Tube pinstriped dress with black accent - Forever 21 (I was actually at Forever 21 yesterday in Megamall and I'm overwhelmed! I hope they still have the same price range for dresses seven (7) years ago. I love Forever 21!)
Black, long-sleeved bolero accentuated with ruched sleeves - Mint
Stiletto shoes - Janilyn
Uneven shaped necklace - gift from a friend for my birthday. (Thanks, Yda!)

So there you are. Power-dress everyone!

Wear your fashion. Make it your statement.

Love,


BellaDonna


P.S.

There are still some dresses in my collection (actually, still lots of them!) left from the bazaar. If you want to indulge, please do so by visiting my online shop. Please share also with your friends! Thank you.

2 comments:

  1. love your dress and past look!:) but you look pretty now as well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks ava! yun nga lang. metabolism is slowing down. so bumibigat na rin ako :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...