Nuffnang

Tuesday, December 7, 2010

GLADIATOR SANDALS: A Legacy of the Romans


I went to a get-together with my college friends last Friday and it was something special because it only happens very seldom for all of us. Though short of attendees, the event was still a blast because we took the night away by reminiscing funny college memories and stomach-aching laughs.

The venue is at a cozy and romantic restaurant, Bellini's. Owned and operated by good friend of mine, Mr. Roberto Bellini and his lovely wife, Ma. Luisa. The place is very welcoming to people from all walks of life.

While waiting for my classmates to arrive, I strolled around the area of Araneta Center Cubao and decided to get a hair trim at Gandang Ricky Reyes Salon. It's been a long time since I had a visit to a salon and it's a refreshing feeling to have one. At Gandang Ricky Reyes, the stylist examined my scalp with a camera device and explained that I need to have a treatment for thinning hair. I always complain about my thin hair but never really checked any product to address it. Until the stylist offered me a specially-formulated shampoo and conditioner by no less than Mader Ricky: Malunggay Shampoo and Malunggay Conditioner. Hey, there's no harm in trying, right? I thought to try and come back again to the salon after two months. So, we'll see.

So my classmates were arriving one by one. I met them at Shopwise because not all of them are familiar with the place. When we arrived at Bellini's, there are already a few of them seated at a long dining table. It was Mr. Bellini who personally assisted us with our orders.



My college friends while waiting for our big platter pasta and Bellini's special pizza orders!


Gutom na! (One and a half decades ago, we'll dine at a fastfood and laugh! Ngayon, lume-level up na!)
We were taking pictures while waiting on our orders (pasta platter - a must-try!) and only then that I realized that I was wearing this pair of white gladiator sandals that my sister gave me. In my mind, I said: "How wonderful how mind works. I must have unconsciously matched my outfit with the venue." A simple pair of gladiator sandals with a long-standing world history, walking its way to a modern-day romantic Italian restaurant. I've read from online fashion articles that it's only been two years that the fashion world is going crazy with these pairs of footwear and if you're also into it, perhaps you'd like to know the best pair that will fit you.

I completed my blue fringed dress outfit with these amazing accessories; porcelain bangles that my friend gave me (Thanks, Kim!) and a blue vintage-inspired ring that I am selling at Php99!

By the way, the dress is also from my online shop and it's a one of those dresses that I was selling at the bazaar. I actually have another personal choice when I was buying the dresses from my supplier but then, it's been sold a week ago.

So, there. I'm kind'a sentimental and a sort of photo spammer here, but I really enjoyed last Friday even though the traffic that night was really really terrible. Have fun everyone!

Wear your fashion. Make it your statement.

Love,

BellaDonna

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...