Nuffnang

Thursday, April 28, 2011

BREAKFAST AT MCDONALDS MARKET MARKET!

I was having a bad morning. It took forever to get to Global City and the weather was scorching hot at this early time of the day. Not to mention the jeepney that I rode into had a driver who's freaking "dupang" (greedy) for passengers that we almost look like steaming siomai with the hot breeze of the wind outside. The old man sitting beside me was sweating with his two-rolls, four-feet high plastic roll. I was at the right side of the jeep just right at the back of the passenger seat beside the driver's. So greedy that even asked for another P2.00 for a ride to Global that normally costs only P8.00. I didn't want to rant but okay, I gave him the coins just for him to move on. I thought, I'm getting tired of this daily commute, I better be getting a decent car one way or another very soon! The worst thing is that a ride that normally takes less than 30 minutes lasted for an hour and a half because of the effin traffic in J.P. Rizal. In my approximation, that's just less than a kilometer to Guadalupe. Fuck that! yeah, I'm using the F-word. What the hell was that? People, instead of moving up keeps on stalling the way every freaking day.

So when I arrived at Market, Market! it was like noon time when in truth it's only half past ten. I looks like I took a jog at Baywalk from Pedro Gil to CCP with the kind of sweat I feel running from my front hairline down to my cheek. And I wanna shout because of thirst, I had to drop by somewhere where I can take a drink. Jollibee was full of people that seems to be falling in line forever. McDonalds was the same but at least they have people on every til and the line was running. So I decided to grab a quick breakfast and ordered Sausage McMuffin with egg and hot choco. I asked for a cup full of ice and poured the hot choco. Ahhh, that was quenching! While I was devouring my sandwich, I saw a couple sitting at the corner beside the entrance. Looks like they just got out from work at a call center at Market Market! I could not hear their voices because I had my earpieces stuck in my ears with the song "Kay Sarap" by The Boss on the background. The guy kissed her girl and the girl smiled. I secretly smiled and suddenly the bad morning was gone. I started to look around for some more heartwarming things to see. I have noticed these kids at the back of the till assisting the crew when I was ordering my breakfast and somewhere at each of the corners of the fastfood are moms excitingly watching out for their kids at work. One mom even sport a camera like a papparazzi. And I could understand why. Somewhere in my heart I thought my pamangkins should do something like that for summer or, if I would have a child of my own, I'll definitely let them join an activity like this.



So, in just less than five minutes, I finished my breakfast. Did I say I devoured them? I walked past Serendra to my office carrying a little spark in my heart that it was not a bad morning afterall. Above, I wanna share with you the audio of the song I was hearing all along while seeing all these beautiful things and eating my breakfast.


More love to life,


Bella Donna

3 comments:

  1. dumarami na talaga madupang na drivers! And kaloka talaga ang panahon! hehe atleast nawala ang inis mo. Iba talaga mc do! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww i love the bad morning turned good :) Sigh. Public commuting is such a hassle. I hate the MRT naman. I actually cried before cos no one was letting me sit and they could see how much I was suffering by carrying athan and take note, athan was crying cos he felt so uncomfortable. Nag pa upo pa sa akin, BUNTIS. Some people are heartless.

    ReplyDelete
  3. fortunately your day turned out good afterall... :) sometimes it's the small things that we take for granted that could actually make us happy or smile. stay positive :D

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...