Nuffnang

Sunday, March 14, 2010

Catching up on my fashion week

Hi Peeps,

Sorry if I haven't been online for ages. I have been tied up with a lot of client requests, requirements and deadlines. I guess when you're in this kind of job, you never get to have a social life for yourself. So I decided to write on weekends as this is the time that I can really be free from any phone calls, client calls, article deadlines and all the type of calls from work. Anyway, I want to share with you what I wore for the past week.

First up: Monday, March 8, 2010
Photobucket

Photobucket

First day of the week and work's already up to my sleeves. I wore this beige vest from Space with a sleeveless rusty blouse inside paired up with a black skirt. I had to wear flats as I always run to and fro. Working in advertising means wearing presentable, distinct but functional clothes. So this is what I am having most of the time: comfy, wearable and not too stiff. And did I mention I love earrings? This one i paired with my outfit came from a friend of mine. It's an H&M loops from Abu Dhabi.

Next: Tuesday with Liz Claiborne, March 9, 2010
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Summer's here and sun is really up high with the heat. I have this white-printed red dress that my friend made by Liz Claiborne. Paired up with a wide mid-rib belt and accessorized with another pair of H&M loop earrings given by another friend. Working clothes doesn't have to be stiff especially on summers. You really have to be comfortable for you to be able to work well in the field. Thanks to this cotton dress, even if the sun is up, I can still enjoy working outdoors.

Midweek: Working on Curdoroy. Wednesday, March 10, 2010
Photobucket

Photobucket

Brainstorming is one of the things that I do with my colleagues in advertising. Definitely a brain-cracking activity. Despite of that, we still manage to get some inspiration. And I always believe that it has to start with the right outfit. Because the moment you wake up in the morning, you start to set up your mood with the kind of clothes that you wear. I particularly like earth colors or pastel ones, mix and match them. And since I am brown skinned, I do away with the dark ones and stay with the colors that I feel young, bright and vibrant. Wednesdays are like running on your heels. So I have this suede brown wedge ready with this brown curdoroy and orange body shirt. Accentuated with gold-plated necklace and a brass bracelet, I'm good to go for any kind of storm!

Taking the shoulder off. Thursday, March 11, 2010
Photobucket

Photobucket

I've found this blouse I bought last year from a shop in Timog. I don't usually wear black especially during summer as it attracts heat. But then, when I fit this one-shoulder printed blouse, it worked well on my khaki skinny jeans. With a chain necklace from my sister, a bangle I bought in Chatuchak in Thailand, my favorite H&M loop earring and a headband with dazzling stone details, I'm off for another nerve-cracking client presentation.

TGI Friday, March 12, 2010
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

This is not a particular day to end the weekend. There's been a lot of stress and discussion with my boss. Too many creative disputes that hang in thru the day. Despite that, I managed to keep my composure after a heated argument. I had this cotton white long sleeve paired up with my jeans and a head piece that seemed to kept my head on. After this not-so-good friday, I can only say "I'm finished."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...