Nuffnang

Saturday, March 27, 2010

Mid-March Pastels

Started the week with white and fuschia. I read somewhere that we should have a "dress up Monday" instead of "dress down Friday." Very true. My Monday work day highlight is this spaghetti-strapped tank top blouse from Mango which was given to me as a Christmas gift. Paired with this crocheted white bolero and culottes (skort). During my elementary days, I remember buying my first culottes in Baclaran before our Christmas party. It was a fad then so as the local song "Sasadami" by Lady Diana. Me and my classmates put a choreo on that song and presented it before the grade 5 class. I learned from my very reliable friend here, Google, that culottes used to be an outfit worn by the gentlemen of the European upper-classes in from the late Renaissance to the early 19th century. So amazing how fashion line has evolved from a man's clothing to woman's.

Photobucket

Photobucket


Old rose and gray. Doesn't that sound so old? Hmmm, not for me. With this ruffled asymetrical skirt, it seemed like that I am a novice tap dancer. Never mind that, I love this skirt from ukay-ukay as it perfectly accentuated my lovely butt. Hehehe... The old rose, old-fashioned sweet blouse is an inheritance from a friend.

Photobucket

Photobucket

I stuck on a pastel yellow on a Wednesday for a client meeting. I like mixing whites with different colors. Usually the bright ones with white. I love this machine-knitted bolero of my sister, it has buttons on its collars. She told me never to wash it on the machine as it might get loose. Underneath is a halter-top white blouse. This mickey skirt used to be long up to my lower legs but then, I cut the excess garment off to give it a bit more of excitement. Accessorizing is also one of my compulsions especially with earrings. In fact, I could say I have much more selection than that of the bazaars in the mall. Mostly, these are gifts from different circle of friends. They know how I love this fanciful earrings. And if they find one that's bigger than my ears, they'd say: "Oh, that's so Maris" and buy them for me :)At this point, I wore the earrings made of thread, yes, thread given by my good friend, Madel when we were in DPC. Paired with this vintage bangles I bought from Pieces years, years back.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Where's the kikay on me? This is my first golden yellow blouse... scratch that... this is actually my second golden yellow blouse. I remember when I bought the first one, it was a long sleeve, turtle neck top as gold as sunrise. I realized it was too much for my tanned skin so I ditched it. This time, I was afraid to buy another golden yellow as I may repeat the same mistake. Fortunately, it was something that fitted me this time. I went on field so I just slipped myself into these black leggings and flats as I had to walk miles and miles over the metro.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Now, this is "dress-down Friday". this apple green long blouse cum mini-dress is from the streets of Pedro Gil. I got it for a 100 pesos, bought some ornaments from Quiapo and then sewn them down to the edges of this blouse and voila! I have my limited edition blouse and it's only one and it's only mine!

Photobucket

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...